Flexible Scheduling and Make-Up Policy
Families are busy! At The Art Academy, we understand — our convenient and unique class make-up policy can accommodate your schedule. Since most classes are offered more than once per term, students who miss class may simply attend at a different time.
For example, if a student misses a Wednesday evening class, they may come on Thursday instead. Alternatively, they may attend twice the following week — whichever is more convenient. Students may even attend twice a week for four weeks if necessary. With this option, our program fits around vacations, illnesses, and other activities. We know of no other program that offers such flexibility!
When making up a class, please follow these simple rules:
- DO NOT make up classes during the first and last weeks of the term.
- There is no need to notify us of missed classes or of plans to make up classes.
- No student can attend more than 8 classes per term unless registered for multiple classes.
- We ask make-up students to wait a few minutes to avoid rearranging the regular students in class; we will find a place for you.
- Sometimes, sections fill to capacity. If for any reason a class time is unavailable for make-up, we will post a notice on the first week of the term.
- Due to the specific lesson plans and limited schedule of Summer Camps, Manga, and Figure Construction, missed classes cannot be made up.