Before each new class term begins, we offer an informational meeting to acquaint parents with our school. This talk lasts approximately one hour and provides an overview of our programs. It is designed to answer any questions you may have regarding our classes and helps ensure a successful learning experience at The Art Academy.
Winter 2020 – Thursday, January 16th at 7:00 pm
Spring 2020 – Note: classes at our location are cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Find out about our online offerings here.
Summer 2020 – Note: classes at our location are cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Find out about our online offerings here.
If you wish to attend an Information Meeting, please leave a message at 651-699-1573 to reserve a spot. Though it is not required that parents attend an Information Meeting, it is strongly recommended. Because of the length of these talks, we suggest that small children do not attend.
Our meetings cover the following topics:
- A brief history of art education
- An explanation of our schools' teaching philosophy
- An overview of the goals we have for students in different programs
- A discussion of talent versus effort
- An explanation of the teaching techniques that will be used in class
- A description of classroom projects
- A realistic appraisal of what you can expect your child to produce in class
- A breakdown of the responsibilities of teacher, student and parent
- Our discipline policy
If you wish to attend a meeting, please call 651-699-1573 to reserve a spot.