Materials and Supply List
The art supplies listed below can be purchased as a kit at the art supply store Wet Paint, 1684 Grand Ave., St. Paul, at a discounted rate.
If you are unable to purchase all the art supplies listed below by the first class, don't worry. The instructor can loan you supplies for that lesson.
Creativity and Composition Supplies
- 1 – 2H pencil
- 1 – HB pencil (B or 2B are also suitable)
- Kneaded eraser
- White vinyl eraser
- Pencil sharpener
- Derwent Coloursoft black pencil (Conte 1710 HB or B are also suitable)
- Sketchbook (8"x10" or larger)
- Tracing Paper in a pad (8"x10" or larger)
- Removable/Low Tac transparent tape
Additional materials will be discussed at the first class. Your choices will depend on what media you wish to use to create your final picture.
- Shoebox or Tackle box to hold art supplies
- Roll of Paper Towels (to be left at classroom). Continuing students need to bring a new roll every session.
Please also Bring
- 1-2 samples of art/illustration that you like
- 1 sample of a picture you've made