Materials and Supply List
The art supplies listed below can be purchased as a kit at the art supply store Wet Paint, 1684 Grand Ave., St. Paul, at a discounted rate. This oil painting kit is an investment and will last for many years.
Oil Painting Supplies, We strongly suggest Gamblin oil paints ~37ml Tubes
• Titanium White
• Hansa Yellow Medium
• Yellow Ochre
• Raw Umber
• Venetian Red
• Alizarin Crimson Permanent
• Napthol Red
• Pthalo Geen
• Ultramarine Blue
• Mars Black
• Silver Bristlon round #1, 2 (or equivalent)
• Signet round bristle brushes, #2, 4 (or equivalent)
• Signet filbert brushes, #1, 5 (or equivalent)
• Snap! Synthetic white long handle brushes, #0, 2 (or equivalent)
• M. Graham Walnut Alkyd Medium, 4 oz.
• “The Masters” Brush Cleaner #101
• Richeson #894 palette knife
• Fredrix Oil Primed Linen Canvas Board 11×14
• Gamsol, 2oz.
• Shoebox or Tackle box to hold art supplies
• Roll of Paper Towels (to be left at classroom). Bring a new roll every session.
• 2 small jars with tight fitting lids
• Brush holder
• Oil Paintings Techniques and Materials by Harold Speed, Dover Publications
• Transparent Earth Yellow
• Transparent Earth Orange